Nightlife in Rio de Janeiro – Your Guide to Going Out in Rio
“Where should we go tonight?” How many times have we not received that question! The nightlife in Rio de Janeiro normally starts around 10 pm and has so much to offer: live music, nightclubs, bars, concerts, street parties and gay clubs. You name it. We will do our best to help you make the best choices!
Nightlife in Rio – Bars and Street Parties
Nightlife in Rio has more to offer. Cariocas like to go out and go for low profile parties on the street. All in all, Rio is a great place to party and the variety of options is great. Nightlife in Rio de Janeiro can really give you memories for a lifetime, so go out there and have some fun!
Here are some posts for you to point you in the right direction:
Let’s get this thing about prices straight from the start. Rio is quite expensive compared to many other cities in South America. There are ways to spend less though. Here are a few useful tips regarding saving some of your money.
- Drink imported – stick to nationally produced beverages.
- Forget about the cover charge when you are in a live music place.
- Forget about the almost obligatory 10% service charge when you are being served at a table.
- Fall into the “drink card trap” – the boxes on that card get checked faster than you think, beware!
- Do drink cheap beer before you enter the establishment, preferably from the trunk of a vendors car just outside the club.
- Do check before you go in how much entrance is.
Copy of Passport
Always bring a copy of your passport with you. Actually, some clubs won’t let you in without one. It also helps to stop obnoxious policemen from harassing you, since by law you actually always have to carry ID.