Going to the hairdressers in Rio de Janeiro is not just about cutting the hair, it’s about fighting nature. For many girls and women the straightening of their curly hair make them go there every two weeks. There is a whole science behind all this and ridiculous amounts of money is spent. The creams, the treatments and the shaping are all important.
Where to Cut Your Hair? – Some Addresses to Hairdressers in Rio
If you just want a simple haircut just use any hairdresser, the price is between 20-45R$. If you want anything a bit more fancy you’ll obviously have to spend more. I can suggest the following, if you have some other good tips on places please contact me by clicking on the button on the left. Most upper bracket hairdressers in Rio are unisex.
Werner Coiffeur This is a franchise, sometimes they speak English. I have listed only some of their addresses here:
– R. Voluntários da Pátria 468, Botafogo map, tel 2537-1177.
– R. Barata Ribeiro 369, Copacabana map, tel 2256-6060.
– R. Barata Ribeiro 764, Copacabana map, tel 3208-6060.
– R. Francisco Otaviano 42, Arpoador map, tel 2521-5050.
– R. Visconde de Pirajá 4, Ipanema map, tel 2522-9032.
– R. Visconde de Pirajá 595, Ipanema map, tel 2294-5893.
– R. Visconde de Pirajá 559, Ipanema map, tel 2512-5288.
– R. Dias Ferreira 228, Leblon map, tel 2540-8660.
– Av. Ataulfo de Paiva 386, Leblon map, 2259-9599.
By Maira Coiffeur R. Visconde de Pirajá 282, Ipanema map, tel 2523-3773.
Elina’s Coiffeur Located in Centro Comercial de Copacabana at R. Nossa Senhora de Copacabana 581 shop 16 subsolo map, tel: 2548-8298. This is a friend of mine, she cuts really well and offer a good price for simple haircuts and also does more advanced.
Note that many Cariocas use hairdressers that are a lot cheaper, getting a tip or perhaps just go to a place where you see clients with your type of hair can be a more affordable option. Always procure salons that have a long line, it is normally a good sign.